Yesterday morning, while enjoying my coffee, I read the most inspirational and relatable post in a long long while.
Katy posted about her recent and, until then, mostly secret struggle with weight gain. And I felt like she was somehow speaking to me.
Since I moved out of my parents house and into an apartment with my future husband, I have gained about 15 pounds, give or take. There are several items of clothing in my closet that don’t fit or I won’t wear because they aren’t as flattering as they once were. I
During marathon training, I managed to pretty much maintain my weight – although I feel bigger because I was eating a lot more carbs and pretty much qui lifting weights altogether.
I’m ready to get rid of it. I want to be healthy, fit, and smaller when I walk down the aisle in 7 1/2 months. I want to be at a healthy weight when I am ready to become a mother. And I want to be at a healthy weight because it is what is best for me.
So, here’s the plan for a no-nonsense November:
– Track my food 5/7 days a week on My Fitness Pal. Take pictures of food when I can’t immediately track it – then track it later
– Exercise 4-5 times a week, including 3-4 days of cardio (running, walking, elliptical, cycling) and 2-3 days of strength, following the exercise portion of the Live Fit program from Bodybuilding.com
– Eat lots of fruits and vegetables every day – keep the fridge stocked and colorful. No buying junk foods – chips, candy, ice cream
– No pop. I’m really not a pop drinker anyway, but I do love the occasional root beer when we’ go to Sam’s Club or the $1 fountain drinks from the gas station when I fill up. These need to be gone.
– Blog honestly about my weight and struggles this month.
I feel like November/Thanksgiving can be more challenging that Christmas/New Year’s because it’s still a transition time with the weather. Once December rolls around I’ve usually established my cold weather gym routine.
Starting Monday, I’ll post my workouts for the past week and any progress on my weight loss.
So, there it is. (Sorry if this post doesn’t make much sense, I was just writing it as I thought it.)