Now that it’s a new month (already!) it’s time to set some new goals. I’m looking at the end of marathon training and I’m ready to jumpstart my fitness and lose the rest of the extra weight I’m carrying around.
1) Cross the finish line of the Chicago marathon. I’ve been working towards this goal for 18 weeks, and have been registered since February 1st. It’s been a long road, lots of hard work, and an incredible amount of anticipation.
2) Transition from marathon training (mostly running) to more strength training. I love running, but with the cold weather (and a wedding) coming up soon, I want to get into fighting shape with some ripped muscles.
3) Smartly train for and run the Hot Chocolate 15k in November. This will be the second year for me running this race, and I’m super excited. The course is much better than last year and I’ll be running it with lots of friends and family.
4) Get back to counting calories and tracking all my food. I’ll be using MyFitnessPal which has both an iPhone app and a website.
5) Work on my time management skills – still. This is, I think, an ongoing goal for me. Some days I can be really on top of things and others I spend the whole night surfing the internet/watching tv and don’t realize where the time goes. I know we all need to have lazy days every once in a while, but I feel like I have too many – especially when there are still moving boxes to unpack and things to organize.
So, this is me. This is how I feel about October – I will succeed. I will be a marathoner, I’ll lose a few pounds, I’ll be productive, and I’ll be able to say I accomplished all I set out to in 31 days.
What about you? Any goals for this month?