Can you believe it’s the end of September? It was really quite a month. It came in hot and humid and now we’re dipping into the 30s at night here in Illinois. Fall has definitely arrived.
So, back at the beginning of the month I set some goals for myself.
Well, how did I do?
1) Eat more vegetables. Meh. I took a lot of salads for lunch, and tried to get a veggie with dinner, but I’m still having a tough time snacking on them. I think in October I’m going to set aside time on Sundays to chop and portion veggie snacks for the week.
2) Plan meals better. I sorta half-assed this one. I did plan out a few meals in advance, but there were more nights when it was just easier to cook a frozen pizza rather than a “real” meal.
3) Finish marathon training strong and healthy. Yes! My weekday mileage hasn’t been perfect, a few miles short, but I’m feeling healthy and strong. No injuries to speak of, and I’m feeling really confident about Chicago.
4) Cross-train at least once a week. Hmm. I haven’t been doing lots of cardio cross-training (bike, elliptical) but I’ve been getting 1-2 weight sessions in each week, if that counts. I’ve taken more rest days than normal, but my weekly long runs (and total mileage) was at the peak for marathon training.
5) Manage my time better. Well, I did manage to get in most of my runs, and read 3 books, but I have laundry piled up in the bathroom, I’ve only blogged a handful of times (eek!) and my apartment is pretty messy. I’d say this is a no for the month and is a work in progress for October.
I’ll definitely keep working on all of these next month, as well as a few new goals.