September?!? Are we really entering the last third of 2011? It feels like we were just celebrating New Years and making all sorts of crazy resolutions we’ll never live up to.
It’s been a long time since I last did monthly goals, and I think I’m finally back in a mental state to do it again. As a teacher, the new school year always felt like more of a new beginning than January 1 ever did. I’ll be the first to admit that I have done a terrible job keeping up with my new years resolutions. But with a new school year there’s room for a fresh start.
Here’s what I’m hoping to achieve in September:
1) eat more vegetables. Seriously. I eat tons of fruit, mainly because it’s delicious and portable. Easy to bring with me for a long day at school and the gym. I need to find a way for veggies to be just as easy.
2) plan my meals, esp. dinner, better. I’ve realized that meals with little or no prep are the best for weeknight meals. Need to find more of these.
3) finish out my marathon training strong and healthy. Way back in February when I signed up for this crazy thing, I was super gung ho. Then training started in July and I was just as excited. Then it got hot and I wasn’t as excited. Now there are just 37 days (what?!?) until the Chicago Marathon and it’s do or die time.
4) cross train at least once per week. This goes along with #3 of getting across the finish line in Chicago.
5) manage my time better. between school, running, cooking, me time, blogging, and a million other things it is all to easy to lose track of time or forget something important. Time management is one thing that I have always struggled with. I would love to turn all my “to-do” lists in September into “to-done” lists.
I also have a few other goals, but I won’t be blogging about them unless they actually happen. I don’t want to jinx a good thing
I’ve been a bad blogger and haven’t taken any pictures with my camera for over a week. Why? The battery is dead and I’ve been to
lazy busy to charge it. Here’s a few pictures from vacation that I haven’t shared yet.
Hiking up Hoosier Pass at the Continental Divide. Yes, Matt is throwing a snowball at me. I threw one back.
This was taken at Royal Gorge park. Clearly, I am too cool to take off my sunglasses.
Cactus! This one didn’t bite me, but I did get a spine in my finger when climbing off this rock. Also, Matt couldn’t understand why I wanted my picture next to a cactus. Duh.