Happy birthday to me!
A lot has happened since my last birthday, and even more will happen before the next one, I’m sure.
I had my birthday cake in ice cream form this year : )
Let’s remember, shall we? In my 24th year, I
- signed a lease for my first apartment
- moved in with a boy
- quit my teaching job
- moved 300 miles from home
- became an aunt
- celebrated 60 years of marriage
- got engaged
- ran my first (and second, and third) half marathon
- said goodbye to a great lady
- set a wedding date
- chopped off my hair (again)
All in all, it was pretty good. Definitely busier and more stressful than any other time I can remember, though.
Some things I hope to accomplish in my 25th year:
- find a teaching job/other job I love
- run a marathon
- save for my wedding – debt is no fun!
- blog more
- read 25 books
- find an apartment to make into a home
- lose 25 pounds
- complete my new years resolutions
I didn’t do anything special today to celebrate. I baked some cookies last night to bring to work for the kids (and grownups too) and sent the rest with Matt to work. After work I had a pretty great workout – ran 2 miles, worked my upper body in the weight room. I’ll definitely be feeling it tomorrow. And, despite it being my birthday, I don’t feel like I’ve overindulged too badly.
Now I’m off to wash dishes (on my birthday, boo) and do my other, normal get-ready-for-work chores.