A delicious plum.
Plus a turkey breast & laughing cow sandwich on a multi-grain Arnold thin that I ate to fast to snap a picture.
I subbed this afternoon in a kindergarten class. They are tiring! I was energized enough, though, to head to the gym. I had brought my bag with me beforehand so I didn’t have to come home. On the short drive I ate an apple and some light string cheese.
Here’s what I did today:
- – walked 1 mile, ran 1 mile on the treadmill
- – bicep curls (10lb dumbbells), 15 reps x 3 sets
- – tricep dips on bench, 15 x 3
- – hammer curls (10lbs), 15 x 3
- – overhead tricep press (1 15lb weight) 15 x 3
- – upright row (2 7.5 weights) 15 x 3
- – shoulder press (7.5) 15 x 3
My arms are definitely going to be sore tomorrow, but it’s been a week since I strength trained and I love it!
Dinner was a delicious taco bake (thanks Mom!) that I’ll be posting the recipe for soon.
Since it’s a new month, it’s time for some new goals!
– Create (and stick to) a workout routine. This is the time of year I tend to keep away from the gym. It’s cold so I can’t run outside as much and there are so many holiday-related things to do that suck up time. I need to keep up the progress and get my but moving!
– Keep up my running mileage. As much as I hate running on the treadmill, I’m going to make nice in order to not lose too much fitness when there’s ice and snow outside. And when there isn’t, I’m going to try to get outdoors as much as possible.
– Strength train more. I had a great rhythm going but a few weekends of traveling has thrown me off. I want to pump iron at least twice a week (if not more).
– Continue to cut back on meat. I really don’t miss it when I make lunches – but I need to be better at preparing beans and stuff ahead of time so I can just grab and go. I have 3 bags of dried beans in my pantry I need to soak – maybe this weekend?
– Eat more fruits and vegetables. I kind of slacked on this a bit last month and I need to get back to buying lots of fresh stuff each week. I know the new Weight Watchers plan will help with that.
– Start to think more about intuitive eating – listening to my body’s hunger signals rather than eating because it’s meal time.
– Read more. I used to read lots of books, and I love to read, but I haven’t read as much since we moved here. I do have a library card but I have yet to use it! I have an ever growing list of books that I’d love to read and I need to start reading some of them. I’d like to read at least 2 books this month.
– Clean out my closet – get rid of anything doesn’t fit or doesn’t get worn. I have a fair amount of closet space but new, well-fitting items are making less room for too-big and unworn things. I’d also like to organize my half of the closet to make it easier to put an outfit together.
– Try 1 new recipe a week. Ok, this could probably go under food. But I want 3 in each category. Plus, it’ll help me get out of my rut of eating the same easy things all the time.
So, there you go – 31 days & 9 goals. Can I meet them to ring in the new year?