Who else feels like we shouldn’t be in November yet? I feel like the crazy warm weather we had in October made it feel like a super long September. BUT with November comes fall (for real), crunchy leaves, pumpkin everything, Thanksgiving, and family. I have to say it’s probably one of my favorite months.
And of course with a new month come new goals. But first I need to see how I did in October. (Find the original post here)
1. Visit the farmers market at least twice. The season ends after this month and I still haven’t made it to a Saturday market! Fail. I didn’t even go ONCE last month. I went to the park last Saturday, but there were 3 vendors there, 2 of which had only pumpkins (which I didn’t want). Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to wait until May when they start again. 2. Run outside more. Fall weather is my favorite to run in, and it’s starting to show up around here! Yes! I think I got out about 2 times a week and I enjoyed every minute of it. The weather has been so beautiful that I had to stop myself from running too many days a week. I’m looking forward to getting out even more before it gets too snowy and icy (and I’m confined to the treadmill). 3. Eat more fruits and vegetables. One of the reasons why the scale went up is because I ate too many carby things in place of fresh produce. Time to change, people! I’m not sure about this one. I really tried to cut back on the carbs, but I still consumed a lot – mostly in the evening when I get snacky. This goal will continue into November. 4. Spend more free time with Matt. We both get so busy sometimes that we don’t make enough time for each other – other than sitting in front of the television. I want to change that. Yes! We didn’t’ do anything special or out of the ordinary, but I feel like we recharged our batteries a little the last couple weeks. I think we’ve also started a new routine of Matt cooking dinner on Sundays – I can get on board with that!
So, now for my November goals. I really hadn’t thought too much about them because today sort of snuck up on me. But while I was working out today I did think about the things I like to accomplish over the next 30 days.
1. Blog more. I really do love it and have some interesting ideas for upcoming posts. Also, Windows Live Writer and figuring out how to schedule posts (duh) makes it LOTS easier.
2. Work out at least 4 times a week. Normally this isn’t too difficult, but with several weekends out of town and the holidays approaching I know my normal routine is going to get thrown out of whack.
3. Make some progress on wedding planning. We started a working guest list over the weekend but know that there are more people that need to be added (parents friends, extended family, etc.). At least it’s a start, right?
4. Go meatless (almost). I’m not saying I’m giving it up entirely – I don’t think I could do that with my meat-loving fiance. But I am going to try to do more meatless breakfasts, lunches, and solo dinners. I know there are so many great protein-packed, non-meat options out there. And I think I’m finally going to try to cook tofu!
In other news, I ran tonight for the first time since I rolled my ankle (Thursday) I’ve been resting, icing, and wearing my compression wrap lots and its feeling sooo much better. And the run? No pain, no wobbling, nothing. It felt normal. I even had to kick the speed up a bit to feel more comfortable. Yay. I only did about 2 miles because I didn’t want to push anything. And if I’m feeling good tomorrow I’ll probably take it to the street for a run.