Holy moly, I can’t believe it’s already September! Where has the year gone?
There have been a lot of changes this year – leaving my job, moving in with Matt, living in a new city. And I’m sure there will be even more changes in the months to come.
The start of a new month is a great time to set some new goals (or remind myself of some older goals). And what kind of blogger would I be if I didn’t share those with you?
1. Get the scale going in the right direction. August was kind of a bust in the weight-loss department, and I’m ready to change that.
2. Join a gym.
3. Be better at meal planning. I hate wasting food, and when I just buy randomly (i.e. not with a specific meal in mind) it seems like there’s a lot more waste.
4. Reign in my spending. I’ve done this a lot since we moved (and I no longer had a steady income). Now that I’m working, I think I’ve gotten a little more relaxed. But I’ve realized that a. I have a lot of stuff already and b. I don’t have too much storage in this apartment for more stuff.
5. Read more. I sometimes feel way too connected to the computer/TV/iPhone. I used to read A LOT, but now that I have entered the blogging world it doesn’t happen as much. Knitting also takes up some of that spare time, too, but that’s another story.
6. Do a blog giveaway! Everyone who reads this means so much to me, whether you know it or not. I blog for myself, yes, but it’s so rewarding sometimes to know that I’m not the only one who feels the way I do. (I’m not, right?). I don’t know when or what it will be, but be on the lookout (and feel free to give me any ideas)!
So, there’s my goals for September. Nothing too crazy, but all important and necessary.
I’ll (try) to keep checking in with them – and you – as we go through the month.
Question: What are some of your favorite, healthy meals to prepare?
If one of your suggestions makes it to my dinner table, I’ll feature it and you on the blog!